Oh, wow! I just made a recipe from King Arthur Flour for no-bake peanut butter squares! Amazing! Of course, I made my own changes:
- 6 ounces organic graham crackers
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks organic unsalted butter, melted
- 10 ounces organic confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (I like crunchy)
- 1 cup fair-trade chocolate chips
- Melt chocolate in glass container in microwave, or in small saucepan on stove over low heat—stir continuously. Remove from heat (or microwave) when only partially melted and stir well until melted completely.
- Process graham crackers in food processor until fine crumbs. Add salt, butter and sugar. Pulse until well mixed. Add peanut butter and pulse until well-mixed.
- Spread peanut butter mixture into greased 9 x 13 cake pan; Spread melted chocolate on-top, evenly.
Happy surprises: The crumbs melt into the product, so there is no graham-crunch. Perfect!
Hands-on time: ten minutes